Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Baby Daddy Kills Both When Mom Ends Relationship


A pregnant woman was found stabbed to death and stuffed in the trunk of a car and police have charged the father of the unborn child with murder.

Jasmine Moss was 14 weeks pregnant with Nathan Rodgers’ baby, both of Washington, when she was stabbed repeatedly. He is charged with first-degree murder.

Court records show Rodgers, 22, had been sentenced to home detention following an assault conviction last year.

Police were sent to the 7100 block of Mason Street after a neighbor reported a car had been parked there for some time.

Jasmine’s body was found inside. Her mother Jenine Moss-Strong revealed she was 14 weeks pregnant.
She also told police that her daughter had been in a relationship with Rodgers for around nine months but they had recently broken up.
Jasmine wanted to keep the baby but Rodgers did not, she said. He also denied being the father of the child.
‘She liked to joke and play around, she was outgoing,’ Mrs Moss-Strong told ABC of her daughter. ‘She loved children, she loved to play and she loved to keep her friends’ kids.’

A neighbor told ABC7 News she heard strange noises early on Friday morning coming from the home of Nathan Rogers.

District Heights resident Kim Jarmon said: ‘It woke me up out of my sleep.

‘I didn’t realize what it was. I mean I heard the lady crying or moaning and making noises, but she never said words, and there was never another voice.

‘I went to bed crying, and then when I woke up the next day. I cried, because I felt like I could have done something or could have helped her, but I didn’t know what to do.’



No comments:

Post a Comment